CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Energy Finance Division. We are looking for an Accountant to work in our Finance group supporting the Propane & Refined Fuels Departments. You need to be detail oriented, dependable, a team player, a self-starter, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Compile accurate monthly financial statements for the operations management team.
- Compile monthly management reports using Insight, JDE 9.0 and other tools.
- Review and identify cost variances in the costing system.
- Process monthly journal entries and multiple balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and analyze the balance sheet, income statement and operating expenses for any variances.
- Reconcile sales and general ledger to patronage.
- Work with internal and external auditors in assisting them on SOX controls.
- Review balance sheet support so that it is in conformity to SOX and CHS policies. Verify every balance sheet account is stated properly.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and SOP documentation projects.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3-5 years of experience working with financial statement preparation and GL systems
- Experience working with daily deadlines, month-end, quarter end, and year end reports
- Knowledgeable in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Experience interacting with accounts payable and receivable
- JD Edwards accounting software
- SAP ECC or S4/HANA ERP software
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Apply on company website