CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Agronomy Division. We are looking for an Accounting Specialist to join our growing team. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, have the ability to multi-task, and problem solve.
- Work with sales department to provide customers with quality service, accurate contracts and billings, current account information, smooth transactions, and a positive experience with West Central Distribution, LLC.
- Ensure all shipments are reviewed, recorded, and invoiced correctly.
- Review invoices and apply shipments to the proper contract and price to generate invoices.
- Confirm all loads are accounted for and investigate unusual incidents.
- Prepare monthly unsettled shipment reports for financial accounting.
- Assist customers with questions and issues related to loads, contracts, applications, and web portal.
- Coordinate with sales department on any contract/customer needs.
- Update Accounts Receivable personnel of any changes.
- Produce loading documents for multiple locations.
- Coordinate with scale personnel to ensure steady, error-free flow of outgoing shipments.
- Ensure all documentation for every shipment is readily available and in the proper location when needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Up to 1 year of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Experience interacting with internal and external customers
- Proficient with MS Word & Excel
Preferred Qualifications: (required)
- 1 year experience of GAAP
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website