CHS Inc. has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division at our Herman and Chokio, MN locations. We are looking for an individual to fill the position of Truck Driver and Custom Applicator (Fulltime position). As a Driver you will deliver grain, seed, fertilizer, and bulk liquid products in a safe, timely, and professional manner. As a Custom Applicator, you will promote the proper use of crop protection products. You must have attention to detail, a high energy level, exhibit personal integrity, have an excellent driving record and be committed to safety, customer service, and solving problems creatively. You must be able to work long hours, holidays and weekends if needed. You must have a good work ethic with professional communications skills. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner, ensuring the truck is operated in a safe manner at all times.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections and complete maintenance report on any needed repairs.
- Make out daily trip sheet and other paper work as required.
- Maintain logs with each shipment, completing daily invoices and reports.
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling grain, seed, fertilizer, and other bulk liquid products.
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles.
- Maintain cleanliness of your truck both inside and out. Sweep trailers out after each use.
- Ensure on time loading and unloading and communicate with vendors if delays occur.
- Apply crop protection products with a high clearance sprayer or floater.
- Apply fertilizer and crop protection products.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate patrons on products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products and services.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Lift & load up to 75lbs packages of Crop Protection products, 1-2 hours per day.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- During peak times, work extended hours, including weekends, to meet business needs.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement.
- Valid Class A CDL.
- 2 years or 200,000 miles of verifiable tractor trailer experience.
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug test.
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 100 lbs..
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, twist and climb.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, to meet business demands.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Agriculture background
- Bulk liquid experience
- Applicators License
- Chemical application education
- Previous application experience
- Customer service experience
- Fork lift experience
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from Canada to Texas. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Apply on company website