CIM Group is growing! Join us as we search for a new Residential Assistant Property Manager. The Residential Assistant Property Manager with direction from the Property Manager is accountable for lease administration and budget & expense management for this mixed-use residential with ground floor retail. This position is primarily focused on the back office operations of a management office with an emphasis on lease administration, rent collection, payables administration, and insurance certificates. The location is 888 S. HOPE!!
CIM's Asset Management department is responsible for the asset management and operational services in office, multi-family residential, retail, mixed-use and hotel product types. Our properties are predominately located in the urban regions in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, New York City, Washington D.C., Charlotte, and Chicago. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work closely with the Property Manager to assign tasks on a monthly basis to ensure timely completion of supporting task like turnover repairs are in sync with leasing, marketing plans supports the leasing program, preventive maintenance tasks are completed to avoid disruptions or additional costs, leases are inputted into Yardi by the administrative team in a timely manner.
- Track submission of operating expense payables into NEXUS to ensure timely payment thereof within 30 days of an approved invoice being submitted. This will require identifying the insurance requirements up front and working with corporate to get a insurance certificate boilerplate form and identifying up insurance requirements for all repairs or work upfront.
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure timely posting of rents, security deposits and rent payments. Track receipt of rent payments to ensure posting of late fees as stated by the commercial or residential leases. Monitor the check scanning device to ensure accountability of all rent payments made at the property.
- Access Yardi to set up resident billings, revenue accounts, security deposit and lease term within 48 hours of a lease being fully executed. Verify property rent rolls to ensure (a) accurate occupancy and (b) rental rates
- Ensure timely notice is given to all delinquent tenants or residents through the CIM pay or quite notices, to submission of lease documents to legal for moving towards evicting the resident or tenant.
- Track tenant insurance certificates on a monthly basis to ensure adequate coverage is in place at all times. Prepare necessary correspondence to go out one month before the residents or tenant's insurance expires.
- Maintain for each building an emergency procedure manual property based on CIM Group standard procedures and work with the property manager to ensure this book is updated with the most current emergency contact information for our vendors and residents.
- Ensure all required CIM Group documents are posted correctly in Knowledge Tree or the Y Drive as directed on a monthly basis. We will require all leases, service contracts to be scanned as they are incurred.
- Maintain first class professional management office for our visitors to see at all times. Ensure files are maintained and up to date for (i) residential leases, (ii) vendor files, (iii) building files and (iv) general operating files. Adhere to LAHD rent control or similar governmental agencies (as required) polices as well as Federal Fair Housing Act to avoid any discrimination or legal issues.
- Team player who is committed to getting the job done might have to work on weekends (as required)
- Oversight of leasing associate and property coordinator
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Knowledgeable about on general accounting practices as it relates to accrual based accounting for creating an income statement to include reserving for bad debt.
- Two years' prior experience working in a residential property management.
- Proven ability if the position encompasses more than one property to manage multiple residential assets equal to or greater than the unit count for this position.
- Experience using Yardi for residential property management
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license.
Apply on company website