The position will report to the General Counsel – Public Funds with responsibility for supporting a variety of corporate, securities, financing and commercial transaction related matters. Essential Functions:
- Assisting with the corporate governance and securities law requirements of the Company's managed funds, with an emphasis on its externally-managed public, non-traded REITs.
- Supporting credit investments, financing and other transactions for the Company's managed funds.
- Structuring, drafting, negotiating and counseling on a broad range of commercial contract transactions for the Company, its subsidiaries, and its managed funds.
- Interfacing with accounting, financial reporting, compliance, sales and property management staff.
- Assist in supporting the legal needs of the Company's registered broker-dealer, including drafting and negotiating sales and marketing agreements, reviewing marketing material, and assisting with broker-dealer regulatory matters
- Legal support as needed for a variety of business initiatives of the Company and its funds.
- Actively managing internal legal resources and outside counsel relationships.
- JD from an accredited law school, member in good standing of at least one state bar (preference is for Arizona State Bar membership, but not required).
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a medium or large law firm or in-house setting.
- Demonstrated experience with a broad range of corporate securities, financing and commercial contract matters. Experience with broker-dealer or registered investment adviser regulation a plus.
- Ability to provide general and specific legal analysis and advice with a practical, results-oriented business mindset.
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
Apply on company website