Based in Manhattan; Responsible for coordinating the execution of the marketing and leasing strategy for assigned commercial retail and mixed use real estate properties. Builds and maintains relationships with key retailers, tenant-brokerages, and the greater real estate community (specifically commercial real estate executives of prospective tenants). Portfolio responsibility may be up to 1 million sq. ft. of total retail space in NY, MA, IL, OH, DC, MD, VA. Oversees the entire leasing process (start to finish) from generating initial prospect interest through qualification, lease negotiation and document execution. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Execute the marketing and leasing strategy for assigned properties. Working with the Vice President and 1st Vice President, Leasing and Investment Leads (and their respective teams), makes recommendations and assists in the coordination of property improvements designed to supplement the leasing process.
- Maintain property visibility with the local tenant representation brokerage and tenant prospect community to maximize property exposure in the market place.
- Stay abreast of comparable properties, their pricing and competitive characteristics, to maximize occupancy and financial performance of assigned properties relative to the competition.
- Working with Development, Construction, Property Management departments and the Vice President and 1st Vice President, Leasing, assists in and helps expedite the space planning process and tenant improvement process to maximize speed to lease up.
- Manages leasing process, including but not limited to: Negotiates leases, renewals and expansions, working with legal counsel to prepare lease documents
- Coordinates weekly/biweekly leasing calls and with Vice President and 1st Vice President, Leasing and Investment Lead and their teams and the distribution of leasing reports
- Travel required.
- Participates in the acquisition due diligence process including but not limited to; market data analysis, leasing rates, marketing strategy and leasing velocity.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting pro forma requirements.
- Budgets expected property rental rates and leasing costs (tenant improvements, commissions and landlord costs).
- Maintains tenant in the markets lists, lease comps, and gathers relevant market data
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in retail leasing of retail space in mixed use environments and shopping centers.
- Real Estate License
- Exceptional contacts within the retail and shopping center industry and brokerage community
- Demonstrated skills with regards to retail leasing results
- Ability to understand market-driven specifics in terms of demographics
- Understanding of relevant real estate law, finance and accounting practices.
Apply on company website