CIM Group is growing! We are looking for a Residential Maintenance Technician to join our team. If you are a great team player with a great attitude and is handy, please apply. This is for a brand new lease-up.
The Residential Maintenance Technician reports to the Property Manager under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and performs general maintenance and repair to ensure apartment units and other property facilities are maintained per CIM Group operating and safety standards.
CIM's Property Management department is responsible for the asset management and operational services in office, multi-family residential, retail, mixed-use and hotel product types. Our properties are predominately located in the urban regions in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, New York City, Washington D.C., Charlotte, and Chicago. Responsibilities include diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units; electrical appliances, outlets, and light fixtures; plumbing, carpentry, and locks. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with preparing vacant apartment units for rental and following a planned preventative maintenance schedule.
- The following will involve working with the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor
- Clean out appliance filters, check drain lines and pans; know how to operate all systems including high end appliances in order to assist residents as required
- Plumbing snake and clear blockages up to 25 feet
- Minor wall repair (drywall, mud, tape and paint) as required
- Ceiling repair (drywall, mud, tape and paint)
- Replace plumbing fixtures such as levers, faucets and drains
- Makes repairs and/or replacements according to standard
- Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs, replacements, and/or installations including repairing leaks and removing clogs in sinks and toilets
- Performs minor electrical repairs and replacement of light fixtures and related items
- Repairs and replaces furnished kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers
- Consult with Maintenance Supervisor to make more advanced or severe repairs or replacement, ensuring all appliances are properly disposed of and removed from the building with appropriate approval
- May perform painting projects ranging from full interior painting of property units to minor touch up and repair of walls and sheetrock
- May perform “make ready” projects for the preparation of vacant units available for prospective tenants
- May perform swimming pool maintenance or other facility and/or landscape projects to ensure property aesthetics meet or exceed standards
- Maintain a maintenance office with tools organized, tools and supplies inventoried and neatly stacked or organized and maintain maintenance files as requested or required by the Property Manager
- While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust
- May work irregular hours (evenings, weekends), including on-call and
- Maintain excellent curb appeal by daily maintenance and upkeep of the property grounds
- Perform daily inspection of property grounds to identify areas for improvement
- Assist with light maintenance duties, work orders, and unit turns
- Ensure all property equipment is in working condition.
- Understand the overall layout of the property including equipment locations, pet areas, and pool/spa
- High school education required
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license - you will be traveling to the different properties
- One year of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team. Apply for this job
Apply on company website