The Role The Vice President, Investments position is based at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles and reports to a CIM Principal. In this vital role, you'll oversee investment opportunities from sourcing through asset management and disposition, with a focus urban real estate assets. The Vice President, Investments role offers exciting opportunities to leverage your skills and experience while contributing to CIM's vision. From sourcing opportunities, conducting due diligence, presenting to CIM's investment committee, overseeing investment structuring and leading negotiations to managing assets throughout the lifecycle, your daily work will significantly impact the growth and development of CIM's real estate strategy. Your problem-solving skills, understanding of corporate finance and ability to develop complex financial models will be important to your success in this position. In addition to handling investment functions, you'll serve in a leadership role, overseeing and mentoring a team that includes an Associate, Investments and an Associate Vice President, Investments. Your guidance on transaction strategy and ongoing collaboration will enable your team to function effectively within the larger Investments group. Top performers in this position are experienced equity capital markets professionals with exceptional written and presentation skills, analytical ability, a background in real estate investing and relationships across the industry. As a Vice President, Investments, you will contribute to the success of CIM while working to enhance communities across the Americas.
Characteristics crucial to success in this role:
- Experience in sourcing, negotiations and relationship building
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment and flexibility to adapt to dynamic market conditions
- Strong leadership skills
- Quantitative proficiency
- Detail orientation
- Master of Business Administration from a top-tier business school
- At least 10 years of experience, including a background in underwriting or structuring complex equity transactions at a real estate investor, investment bank, developer, or brokerage firm; real estate acquisitions, development or asset management; and sourcing real estate transactions.
Apply on company website