Plans, initiates, manages, and completes construction projects by reviewing design/facility layouts, estimating projects, selecting approved contractors, and managing budgets. Manages construction projects, lead, and train other Circle K Construction team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans construction requirements by deploying company resources, resolving development issues, planning, monitoring and appraising critical path results, and coordinating development information.
- Meets construction schedules by hiring, orienting and managing general contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers, verifying scheduling, work in progress, resolving problems, and reporting progress.
- Achieves financial objectives by negotiating contractor change orders, anticipating requirements, submitting information for budget preparation, scheduling expenditures, monitoring costs, analyzing variances, identifying and requesting required purchase orders, reviewing and approving invoices.
- Fulfills contract requirements by completing pre-construction and closing inspections including a detailed punch-list at completion of projects.
- Complies with legal and company requirements by ensuring enforcing building codes are adhered to, following company systems, policies and procedures, maintaining safe and healthy work practices, and monitoring municipality inspections.
- Improves efficiency of Construction process, by evaluating engineering system results, recommending new systems, policies and procedures, recommending and implementing revisions.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Increases departmental employee's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, communicating job expectations, assessing values, strategies and objectives. Coaching, counseling and disciplining contractors or supplier's when necessary. Plan, monitor and appraise job results and foster a climate conducive for offering information and opinions.
- Completes operational requirements by developing schedules, assigning, and monitoring work, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving problems, implementing and enforcing new procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing all other related results as needed.
- Seeks continual efficiencies within the area of Construction to include ongoing evaluation of long-term strategies.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
• Prior experience of gasoline and retail construction preferred.
• Prior experience managing people and project.
• Some travel will be required.
• Must be computer literate.
• Excellent communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
Job duties may change with or without advance notice.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Apply on company website