DescriptionCitizens Financial Group, Inc. (“CFG”) is seeking current college juniors to join the execution team within its Capital Markets and Sponsor Finance Group (“Capital Markets”) as Summer Analysts in the summer of 2018.
Through the 12-week program, the Summer Analysts will build a foundation of skills to allow them to support the team's senior professionals in originating, structuring and executing leveraged finance and M&A transactions. Summer Analysts' responsibilities will require significant and regular transaction involvement, from origination through closing, as well as the ability to work on multiple projects and transactions concurrently. Summer Analysts within the Capital Markets group play a critical role on deal teams and interact directly with Managing Directors and other senior management members, other groups within Citizens Financial Group, client management teams, private equity investment teams, and legal counsel. Summer Analysts will work directly with senior professionals across all industries and support the acquisition, leveraged buyout, dividend recapitalization, restructuring, and refinancing activity generated by the Firm's corporate and private equity (“Sponsor”) clients. Key Tasks & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting Managing Directors, Directors, Vice Presidents, and Associates within Debt Capital Markets / Leveraged Finance, Corporate Finance Industry Coverage, and Sponsor Coverage in the execution of leveraged finance and M&A transactions
- Supporting junior and senior team members in developing new business ideas, pitch strategies, or transaction financing scenarios to help the Firm's clients achieve their financial and strategic objectives
- Participating in accounting, business, and legal due diligence for both credit approval and underwriting approval processes
- Assisting Analysts and Associates in financial statement projection modeling for a variety of transaction scenarios, leveraging diligence findings to develop additional modeling scenarios, and presenting findings for internal approval teams
- Analyzing financial model output and client information to prioritize data and present conclusions for discussion purposes
- Organizing Ratings Agency Meetings, Lender Meetings, and Investor Roadshows for private and public debt offerings
- Preparing detailed transaction marketing materials, including Confidential Information Memoranda and Lender Presentations
- Conducting comprehensive company and industry research
- Supporting Analysts and Associates in transaction screening and credit / underwriting approval processes and all required documentation, analysis and meetings
- Working with the sales distribution team to develop syndication strategies with targeted investor lists and answering lender / investor due diligence questions during syndication
- Populating and managing data room information and access
- Assisting clients, internal operations team and investors through the closing process
General position requirements include:
- Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once, and work effectively both independently and as part of multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative analysis with a solid understanding or willingness to master financial statement analysis, financial modeling, and company/industry analysis
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and challenging work environment
- High degree of maturity and integrity with a positive and hardworking attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
Background qualifications include:
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position
- Undergraduate candidates with a strong academic record from a leading university and expected graduation date between December 2016 and June 2019. All majors/concentrations considered
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 preferred
- Prior financial services internship experience preferred, but not required
- Full command of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with related financial services software including S&P Capital IQ, S&P LCD, Advantage Data, Bloomberg, Thomson Loan Connector, FactSet, etc. is a plus
Please provide a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications for and interest in the position.
About Citizens' Capital Markets & Sponsor Finance Group
From its start in 2010, Citizens' Capital Markets & Sponsor Finance Group has rapidly grown into a leading provider of leveraged loans for middle market companies and private equity firms. Growth has been driven by the strength of Citizens' expanding corporate finance and corporate banking platforms. the Group's senior professionals have brought vast amounts of capital markets, leveraged finance, and loan syndications experience, as well as valuable industry and private equity relationships from leading investment banks. In addition to providing debt capital markets advice and leveraged loan syndications and executions for public, private and Sponsor-backed middle market and mid-corporate companies, the group supports Corporate Finance bankers in industry coverage verticals (Technology and Business Services, Gaming and Lodging, Healthcare, Media and Communications, Aerospace and Defense, Industrials, Consumer and Retail, as well as Government Services and Contracting) and our mergers & acquisitions advisory group, as well as Relationship Mangers in the general Middle Market and Mid-Corporate commercial banking teams.
Citizens Capital Markets, Inc. and Citizens Bank, N.A. are subsidiaries of Citizens Financial Group, Inc. a $145 billion commercial bank holding company headquartered in Providence, R.I.
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Schedule: M - F 8- 5pm
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.
Apply on company website