Do you enjoy being the face of an organization, engaging with customers to ensure they are fully satisfied? This is the heart of our Customer Service Teller role - delivering a memorable and personalized banking experience for each customer.
As the primary contact between our customers and the branch team, you will use great listening skills to engage closely with customers while processing customer service transactions accurately and efficiently. With an energetic attitude, you will get to know the customer, anticipate their needs, introduce them to financial products and services and make referrals to supporting branch colleagues as appropriate.
This role is an opportunity to strengthen your consumer banking knowledge with paths to grow into other Retail, Business Banking and Wealth Management roles. As part of our team-oriented culture, you will be encouraged to develop new skills and grow into new career opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Customer Service Teller
- Engage with customers to develop a positive customer experience; strive to make each customer interaction the best experience of their day
- Provide exceptional customer service, accurately and efficiently processing customer service transactions
- Build relationships with customers, anticipate their needs and educate and demonstrate for customers how to utilize the various customer preference options
- Resolve customer problems and help customers to understand their banking options based on their personal preference for doing business with the bank
- Serve as the primary contact between the branch and the majority of customers, making referrals for supporting retail banking colleagues as appropriate
- Adhere to all Citizens Bank policies and procedures; ensure fair treatment of customers and regulatory obligations
- Support and contribute to satisfactory branch operational ratings and corporate audits while complying with federal, state and local laws
- Bring a positive energy and confidence to Citizens Bank and its customers every day
- Present a professional appearance as the face of Citizens
What can we offer you?
- Strong recognition and incentive programs based on your achievements
- Training, strategies and tools to support your personal growth and the development of strong customer relationships
- Career growth opportunities in Retail, Business Banking or Wealth Management, including, but not limited to, Universal Banker, Small Business Relationship Banker, Licensed Relationship Banker and Branch Manager based on success in this front-line role
- Collaborative workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as Medical & Dental, along with a 401K with corporate match
What qualifications are we looking for?
- High School degree or GED required
- Minimum of 6 months cash handling experience in a retail or banking environment
- Minimum of 6 months demonstrated customer experience, recommending and referring products and services to customers
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Commitment to build relationships through in-person customer interactions
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Energetic, detail-oriented and ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Varies with branch needs and may include weekends and evenings
Be a great Citizen.
Join us today.
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.
Apply on company website