Our Dallas, TX location is looking for a Class B Hazmat Route Driver (Technical Services Technician). The successful candidate is responsible for sorting, segregating and packaging of pharmaceutical, hazardous and non-hazardous materials at major retail clients. You will be responsible for identifying a variety of waste steams on site and ensure that they are packaged in accordance with federal and state regulations.
Candidates need to be comfortable on travelling up to 80% of the year.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent college graduate to join the largest provider of hazardous waste services in North America.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies and processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time;
- Completes a quality control check and sorts bins according to the retail contract;
- Ensures proper segregation, packaging, loading and unloading of hazardous, non-hazardous and pharmaceutical wastes;
- Safely loads and unloads the truck;
- Guarantees placarding of vehicle to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations;
- Maintains daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports;
- Provides exceptional customer service.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class B CDL is required;
- Tanker and Hazmat endorsement is strongly preferred, or the ability to obtain;
- College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science strongly preferred;
- Previous experience in hazardous material handling, chemistry and/or lab packing experience preferred;
- OSHA, DOT, and RCRA experience preferred;
- Ability to use a laptop computer.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH
Apply on company website