The District Sales Manager is responsible to grow, expand, and maintain a required minimum base of revenues and a number of customers, and manage/coach all the Account Managers within the assigned district.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Hire, train, lead and coach outside sales representatives with setting account strategies, creating sales plans, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, and assisting with key customer accounts, as needed;
- Create and manage sales territories;
- Leverage an understanding of the local business environment to support the development of sales and marketing plans in alignment with the Regional strategy;
- Manage the overall business portfolio to maximize territory revenues;
- Develop local sales support tools and customer campaigns;
- Work closely with Branch General Manager (BGM) to ensure sales plans are being executed;
- Work in conjunction with the BGM to create and deliver sales performance evaluations;
- Actively participate in the development, growth, and retention of the top branch accounts;
- Assist the BGM in conducting interviews and onboarding of newly hired sales professionals;
- Develop sales force skills by evaluating Sales Representatives' strengths/weaknesses;
- Work with the BGM to develop and present sales training and topics for branch personnel;
- This position requires 50% travel;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 7+ years of outside sales experience;
- 5+ years of directly managing a staff;
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent additional experience required;
- Business acumen, including budgeting and forecasting skills;
- Successful track record in account management and development;
- Prior experience using CRM software tools to manage customers, territory, sales quotas and reporting;
- Customer relationship management and negotiating skills;
- Training and presentation skills;
- Previous experience with interviewing, hiring, developing and managing employees;
- Strong technical skills to include Microsoft Office Products;
- Ability to work through conflict management and settle disputes equitably;
- Persuasive communicator with strong oral and written skills;
- Motivation and team building skills;
- Ability to set clear objectives and measurements;
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills;
- Time management skills with strong ability to plan tasks and projects;
- Integrity and reliability;
- Ability to travel 50%;
- Valid driver's license is required;
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa;
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Apply on company website