Clean Harbors is seeking a Plant Lab Manager who will report directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the complex analysis of samples to determine their chemical and physical properties as well as overseeing approval and acceptance of waste chemical materials into the facility
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manage all lab operations and integration with other departments within the company/facility;
- Provide technical support to the operations team to optimize production planning;
- Drive continuous improvement in all Laboratory functions such as turnaround time, productivity, and reliability;
- Take an active management role in facility/quality endeavors (process development, accreditation achievement and maintenance, quality incident investigation and re-occurrence correction, etc...);
- Calibrate and maintain all instrumentation;
- Ensure that all paperwork associated with the analysis is completed in a timely fashion;
- Maintain a safe work environment that is in compliance with all state, federal and company regulations;
- Manage lab personnel (i.e. training and development, hiring, performance evaluations, etc.);
- Other duties as required.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Production Engineering or a related science;
- 2+ years of experience in a petrochemical or environmental field required (i.e. incinerator, chemical treatment plant, hazardous chemical/waste materials laboratory, refinery, etc.);
- 2+ years of supervisory or managerial experience required;
- Knowledge of chemistry and an operations mind-set;
- Knowledge of RCRA regulations and SW846 methodologies for analysis preferred;
- Experience with QA/QC, lab certification and production is preferred;
- Good organizational skills.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Apply on company website