Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
The Senior Pricing Specialist is responsible to manage pricing department operations and personnel including mining and analyzing data to measure the success of the pricing program and report the status to senior management, maintaining tally sheets, documentation of accumulated dollar values, and related documentation, tabulating and tracking data and information in the prescribed database, managing the database, analyzing price increases, failures to increase prices, trends, and average pricing, reviewing customer accounts to determine accurate pricing and ensuring that the company optimizes the pricing structure and achieves maximum pricing returns, and reviewing all targeted accounts on the prescribed periodic schedule.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Review targeted customer pricing details in the system using the available tools, including areas such as labor, equipment, disposal, transportation and materials, and scrutinizing ancillary charges for inclusion in the customer's pricing schedule.
• Recommend price increases in all areas where the company does business with the customer.
• Negotiate with sales force personnel to increase customer pricing and work with sales personnel to gain customer acceptance for the new pricing.
• Issue and deliver quotations to the customer as directed by sales personnel; Develop and generate reports.
• Activate the pricing schedule in the system.
• Maintain a tickler file to review all customers in a sustained, cyclic pattern.
• Compile performance metric on a prescribed basis to record activities for the day including the number of accounts reviewed, total dollars increased, and the number of accounts that sales personnel turned down for increases.
• Train employees in pricing processes, systems, and pricing cyclical activities
• Mine and analyze data to measure the success of the pricing program and report status to senior management, including maintaining tally sheets, documentation of accumulated dollar values, and related documentation
• Hire, fire, discipline staff, appraise performance, recommend salary actions, and develop and train assigned personnel
• Interface with the MIS team to increase the efficiency of systems to include and track pricing data and information in systems such as Win Web, pricing, contracts, and quoting systems
Tabulate and track data and information in the prescribed database, and manage the maintenance of the database, including analyzing price increases, failures to increase prices, trends, and average pricing
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 3+years' experience in an environment Industry; Experience in sales or company organizations; Pricing and billing
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Sales negotiation skills required
• Requires communication with all levels of management and employees
• Administration and organizational Skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Participate in team efforts and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate and work with all levels of management and employees
• Ability to work overtime and week-ends, as necessary
• Requires sitting, acuity, speaking and listening
• Requires standing, grasping and reaching
• Requires walking, stooping and crouching
• May occasionally requires lifting, pulling and/or pushing or carrying up to 10lbs
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran's status or on the basis of disability.
Apply on company website