The Supply Planning Manager will oversee supply planning responsibilities for assigned product categories and manufacturing facilities. Communicate with corporate supply chain team and operations as well as Sales, Marketing, Demand Planning, and Customer Service.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Lead and facilitate short-long term production and inventory planning objectives for product categories across multiple manufacturing facilities that is aligned with sales forecast, inventory targets and available capacity. Work closely with planning and operations to communicate plans.
- Coordinate production and inventory plans with all functions responsible for plan's successful execution, including planning, manufacturing, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Balance production and inventory levels with demand to support targets consistent with customer service levels, inventory targets, capacity utilization requirements and budgetary constraints.
- Perform rough cut capacity plans to determine when production may exceed the desired capacity to demand ratio. Also report available capacity to be consumed.
- Develop and maintain inventory targets. Lead regional strategy and execution of key targets.
- Maintain production stability, optimum inventory levels and resource utilization per company policies, while meeting the needs of the customers.
- Track and monitor of production and inventory by product and time horizon at various levels of detail.
- Lead weekly & monthly supply planning meetings with representative of all supply functions to reach consensus on schedules, capacity, inventory and resource plans over the planning horizon.
- Identify, negotiate, and bring to resolution any conflicts related to material availability, capacity availability and order promise integrity.
- Manage planning process for new, obsolete and changing products as dictated by company policy.
- Participate in the Sales and Operations Planning monthly process [S&OP].
- Establish, perform and monitor goals for key production and inventory KPIs. Manage process to determine root cause when KPIs are out of expected normal ranges. Develop and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain integrity of system tools.
- Assist in the development of new or improved processes and tools to accelerate performance of both the weekly and monthly production planning and inventory management process.
- Proactively identify process improvements and work to develop practical solutions. Aid in development of processes and tools. Improve inventory-production service level performance and productivity.
- Act as internal educator and consultant supply planning issues, providing education and training throughout the company to improve understanding of production and inventory planning functions.
- Provide backup/support to ensure adequate coverage of Supply Chain functions, if required.
- Other duties as assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Ability to multi-task, expedite, analyze, prioritize and work well interdepartmentally with all levels of management.
- Require sophisticated planning and management skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in and/or exposure to S&OP process and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate [written and verbal] technical and non-technical information in normal and stressful situations on a daily basis to both higher and lower hierarchy levels.
- Possess project management experience.
- Must be a pro-active, self-starter who is flexible and possesses exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of MPS, MRP, DRP, and ERP systems. Oracle experience preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft skills - Excel [Power Query/Pivot], Power Point, and Outlook]. PowerBI & SQL
- Bachelor's degree in Business is preferred or equivalent work experience required.
- APICS certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain planning related to production, inventory, supply & demand planning.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Apply on company website