Cognizant requires a highly technical Security Executive to expand, lead and manage the technology strategy and execution function within Cognizant's global Cyber Security program. The Assoc. Director, Technical Information Security Officer (TISO) will provide expert leadership, strategic guidance, and operational management to the Cyber Security teams within this scope. This role reports through Cognizant's Chief Trust Officer (CTrO), and is subject to execution as part of Cognizant's global Corporate Security functions and programs. Candidates will have a proven ability to infuse technological innovation and creativity into strategic planning with a focus on programs that provide exceptional customer service, improved application security, and enhanced cyber security operations through the utilization of industry standard or rationalized cutting-edge technology.
- Establish a technical vision and leads all aspects of the technological development as they relate to the strategic and operational execution of the Corporate Security division.
- Establish and maintain a Cyber Security technology roadmap capable of flexible and adaptable alignment to broader Cognizant strategic goals and objectives.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other Cyber Security and partner organizations, such as HR, Finance, Privacy, Compliance, and others, to serve as an advisor of technologies which may improve their efficiency, effectiveness, and overall security and compliance posture.
- Regularly conduct research, case study analysis, and proof of concept activities to assess emerging technologies that may serve to improve Corporate Security's effectiveness, efficiency, and ability to enable and protect Cognizant BUs.
- Ensure strategic alignment with existing standards and direction for the architecture, installation, and maintenance of all security components as they relate to the establishment and maintenance of governance programs.
- Review and approve technology acquisition and support budgets for Corporate Security and compliance related activities.
- Strategic selection and evangelism of technology solutions capable of supporting the establishment and enforcement of relevant regulatory structures and programs, compliant controls and infrastructure.
- Responsible for ensuring present and future resource planning needs are met including staffing, software and hardware, and 3rd party contracts related to the utilization and strategic execution of the CS technology roadmap.
- Responsibility for setting technology direction in partnership with Center of Excellence leadership for all common practice areas including, but not limited to, Security Operations and IR, Security Architecture, Secure Application Governance, Cloud Security, M&A Security Services, CS Analytics, etc.
Develop and execute standards for design and operational procedures.
- Ensure application best practices are incorporated into hosted solutions.
- Develop strategic operational goals based on executive-level IT and customer delivery strategies.
- Work with the Chief Security Officer (CSO), Chief Trust Officer (CTrO), and affiliated Center of Excellence (COE) leaders to ensure Cyber Security practices align with vertical practices, business objectives and evolving threat landscape challenges
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Master's or advanced degree in Systems Assurance or Information Systems Management highly preferred
- 7+ years of Cyber Security technology experience
- 5+ years of direct leadership experience related to technical teams
- Must have experience managing the security of large IT networks and regulated data records
- Must be able to serve as a subject matter expert in all common security domains which represent significant risk remediation in a diverse set of modern markets on a global scale
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one or multiple areas such as Windows, UNIX, mid-range, firewalls, intrusion detection, threat detection analysis, and/or information risk management.
- Appropriate strategic security certifications (e.g. CISSP-ISSAP, CISM, CRISC, Affiliated SANS Certifications, CCNA/P, etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to present complex compliance issues in an easy to understand manner for executive management.
- Ability to represent architected technical solutions to customers and BU leaders in a non-technical manner
- Experience managing in a complex matrix organization, will need to coordinate and partner across Cognizant groups, geographic regions and other Lines of Business, while driving a specific Security agenda.
- Comfort working at all levels of seniority, both within the Cognizant organization or other client institutions, industries or government entities.
- Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Cyber Security including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management.
- Experience assisting the resolution of customer escalations
- Experience in a fast paced, occasionally, high stress environment
- Ability to think strategically; work with a sense of urgency and pay attention to detail
- Ability to present complex solutions and methods to a general community
- Independent thinking, willingness to "step outside the box" and take reasonable, calculated risks
- Must be reliable and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
- Experience with working on global teams across time zones, cultures and languages
- Demonstrable strong leadership skills
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
Shift: Standard day shift w/ flexibility for after-hours engagement during urgent matters
Travel: Limited and as required to be effective in role
Cognizant US Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please send an email with your request to CareersNA2@cognizant.com
About CognizantCognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S.,
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 18 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website