Healthcare Regulatory Associate Counsel
Senior counsel level Healthcare Regulatory Attorney based in Denver, Dallas or Teaneck, NJ. Responsible for supporting Cognizant's healthcare payer and provider business.
This position will report to Senior Regulatory Counsel and assist in implementing processes to ensure the organization is compliant with regulatory requirements. Other responsibilities include:
- Negotiating regulatory terms in service agreements, business associate agreements, security addenda and CMS FDR requirements;
· Providing legal advice to business clients and commercial attorneys on regulatory requirements related to new and existing products and services provided to healthcare payers and providers;
- Counseling business clients on third party accreditation and certification requirements including URAC, NCQA and EHNAC;
- Supporting corporate compliance in the development and implementation of policies and procedures;
· Working with federal and state regulatory agencies to maintain existing licenses in support of the services provided including TPA licenses and UM certifications;
- Advising business clients on HIPAA Administrative Simplification, Medicare and Medicaid program requirements, state insurance regulations and clearinghouse trading partner agreements;
- Responding to regulatory complaints, as needed.
· Knowledge of the US healthcare system including federal government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, federal healthcare laws and related state laws, such as HIPAA, ACA, FCA and state insurance regulations.
- Experience advising health plans on CMS requirements and other federal regulatory requirements including GINA, MHPAEA and ERISA.
- Strong privacy and security background with experience advising on HIPAA's Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules, the Gramm Leach Bliley Act and state breach notification laws. Some experience with consumer protection laws such as CAN SPAM and TCPA helpful.
- Familiarity with clearinghouse, medical billing functions and revenue cycle management services. Background on Stark and Anti-Kickback laws helpful.
- Strong data analytic skills; attention to detail.
- Prior experience negotiating and drafting regulatory terms such as business associate agreements, and first tier, downstream and related entity (FDR) language.
- Advanced communication skills (verbal, written, listening) including ability to communicate professionally with regulators, executives, clients and operations staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
· Minimum ten (10) years of experience advising healthcare payer and/or provider clients.
- JD from accredited law school.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 19 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website