Product Head (Dotted line to Offshore account director)
Qualification:Science / Engineering graduate
• Monitor the profitability of consulting engagements and define methods to improve the same against predefined goal.
Pre-sales:• Generate new leads due to connects in external forums and being known in industry circles for thought leadership.
• Participate in strategic deals or deals < 3 MM USD.
• Lead proposal development in planning and organizing proposals end to end.
• Create business case/ROI.
• Define the approach that incorporates the winning themes, positioning papers for key proposals.
• Establish connect with key client stakeholders in the context of the opportunity and address concerns/needs.
• Sign off on commercials, when margin for engagement is within the set boundaries.
• Share and educate account team on new capabilities.
Solution Definition:• Understand the client's stated and unstated needs and break down the scope.
• Assist Project teams on various engagements to resolve escalated issues in problem definition.
• Review reports and qualify the recommendations/conclusions provided by the consulting team.
• Present the reports and recommendations to customers for potentially very large opportunities.
• Conduct client workshops for complex engagements including product evaluations.
• Provide industry perspective and multiproduct experience for qualifying the recommendations.
Solution Deployment:• In large and complex engagements, act as a SME and provide overview across clients for cross function integration, product knowledge, and industry knowledge.
Project Management:• Act as advisory and governance body for consulting engagements.
• Oversee the solution and delivery across large / critical projects through project reviews / governance meetings.
• Provide technical / functional guidance to the product team on a need basis.
• Identify risks proactively based on multiproject experience.
• Identify course corrections, best practices etc to be implemented to ensure projects meet timelines, quality parameters and expected outcomes.
• Resolve escalated issues that team is unable to resolve and communicate with clients effectively.
Product Partner Management:• Oversees product partnership by following up on all process compliance (legal, corporate finance).
• For a deal / customer: Negotiate on the pricing within the guidelines set by leadership team.
• Create joint GTM.
Based on multiple products expertise:• Drive initiatives to identify new solutions, Assess proposed solutions ( areas / addons / functionalities to merge service line cutting across products and to build solution assets) and bring management sponsorship.
• Drive creation of new solutions, frameworks, assets etc based on high level inputs shared by the Group Product Head.
• Provide viewpoint positioning papers.
• Provide inputs on PPS Positioning and differentiation from a market perspective.
• Collect new achievements, new implementations and circulate the same on quarterly basis with the leadership as well as the products team.
• Identify customers / projects which can be used as Reference Implementations / Reference customer.
Knowledge Management:• Leverage internal team discussions / town halls to identify best practices, trends and technical & functional knowledge and ensure that the same are disseminated with the larger team.
• Monitor updation of proposals, case studies and learning's.
People Management:• Address concerns of different stakeholders and strive towards amicable resolution.
• Understand aspirations of team members.
• Set goals for team members and monitor performance.
• Conduct appraisals.
• Identify, priorities and deploy action items for competency development.
• Guide the employee in setting career paths.
• Participate in senior level talent selection.
• Review progress on employee engagement activities.
• Direct and guide other managers/team leaders on resolving employee complaints.
• Identify, groom, reward and develop high performers and future leaders.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1GuidewirePL4Required2Guidewire - PolicyCenterPL4Required3Guidewire - BillingCenterPL4Required
Domain SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1IntakeNARequired
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Fixed Term Contractor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Aug 14 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website