COGNIZANT CONSULTING – DIGITAL ADVISORY OVERVIEW
Digital Advisory practice assists CIOs in developing competitive advantage for their organizations by strategically aligning IT with business objectives and emerging industry needs. Areas of specialization within the CIO Advisory service line include: Business Driven IT Strategy, Business Operations & Process Transformation, IT Cost Optimization, IT Organization Performance, IT Operating Models, Application Portfolio Rationalization, Global Sourcing Transformation, Post Merger Integration, and Divestiture Planning.
Cognizant Consulting is seeking a world-class consultant, client advisor, and manager to help expand its North American CIO Advisory Practice. Successful candidates should demonstrate prior experience in leading and managing consulting engagements, exceptional analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. They will demonstrate thought leadership in solving client's key IT challenges and pain points across industry verticals.
In addition, the successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing gravitas and exceptional leadership qualities that allow s/he to assume a critical role in the organization with an ability to scale over time as dictated by business requirements.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead engagements on IT Strategy and assist clients with identifying current IT trends, defining new business models and supporting IT capabilities needed to create competitive advantage
· Conduct and lead Application Portfolio Rationalization assessments to determine the best technology disposition of client's IT application portfolio
· Conduct IT Cost Optimization assessments to help IT leaders assess their IT budgets and identify cost optimization/ rationalization opportunities
· Conduct pre and post IT due diligence assessments to aid clients with their M&A journey and transformation
· Assess client's current IT organizations and define operating models which are aligned to business objectives (IT Organization Assessment, IT Governance, Workforce Optimization, IT Skill Assessment, IT Process Improvement, IT Portfolio Management, Project Prioritization, SDLC assessments, etc.)
· Assist clients in identifying the right IT sourcing strategies, demand management and optimization strategies, and achieving procurement transformation objectives
· For the above offerings the engagement manager will be responsible to create approach, identify appropriate tools and methodologies, lead client workshops/ discussions, perform analysis, draw conclusions, formulate strategic recommendations and develop business cases and roadmaps to support recommendations
· In addition to executing consulting engagements, s/he is expected to actively contribute towards industry specific offerings/whitepapers development, assist practice leaders with RFP/RFI responses/client discussion documents
· S/he will also work collaboratively with other Cognizant practices and geographic regions to ensure that Cognizant continues to operate effectively as one firm.
The successful candidate will possess:
· At least 5 years of management consulting experience with a traditional consulting firm
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in developing business cases to support strategic business/IT initiatives, process improvement initiatives, or IT transformation
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in leading or managing small teams effectively including planning/structuring analytical work, facilitating team workshops, and developing IT strategy recommendations (e.g., IT capability improvements, key initiatives, roadmaps)
· Knowledge and experience with leading initiatives spanning Business Driven IT Strategy, Business Operations & Process Transformation, IT Cost Optimization, IT Organization Performance, IT Operating Models, Application Portfolio Rationalization, Global Sourcing Transformation and Merger/Divestiture Planning and Execution
· Thorough understanding of current digital trends such as cloud, robotics and process automation, artificial intelligence, blockchain, devops, agile, etc.
· Experience in developing detailed, compelling and analytical PowerPoint/Excel/Word/Visio deliverables to convey complex thoughts and ideas to various stakeholders
· Deep domain knowledge of at least one major industry vertical (Financial Services/ Healthcare/ Communications etc.) and demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients
· MBA or Master's degree strongly preferred; Bachelor degree required
· Ability to travel up to 100%
Irrespective of an individual's specific background, the successful candidate will be:
· Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive; someone who instinctively knows what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished.
· Insightful with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic with a practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually “do-able.”
· Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence.”
· Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and a natural skill in relationship development; an extensive network of potentially relevant relationships.
· Excellent communicator with the ability to articulate complex information into meaningful action items and decisions for senior leaders
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 100 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jul 19 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website