Colorado Mountain News Media is seeking a motivated individual to join our team and learn the world of print. The Press Operator Trainee will assist press operators and supervisors, follows training manual with help and review from supervisor to gain skills as outlined in time laid out in the interactive training manual.
Our application process is two parts. Please start here and complete the questionnaire. When complete, return to this page and click apply to complete your application.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Must be able to listen to and follow instructions from your team and supervisor, and follow safety policies. Read and follow a step-by-step training manual
- Must be able to work in a hands-on production environment, lifting 50 pounds and pushing 600 pound rolls on carts.
- Be able to learn and perform roll tending duties. Learn to run Forklift to drop paper and prepare it to run on press.
- Be a working member of the press crew pulling and hanging plates and preparing press units to operate.
- Perform general housekeeping for safe and orderly operations and communicate concerns to your supervisor.
- Perform routine maintenance as trained and scheduled. Be able to make normal repairs to keep the press running.
- Work closely within a team environment to learn the duties and work together to accomplish tasks.
- As training progresses, learn basic lithography, ink-water balance, and to set ink.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Newspaper or production experience is preferable.
- Forklift experience is a plus.
- Heavy lifting, inky and greasy environment, PPE protection as required by job task potential hazard including hearing protection
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, nights and weekends.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website