Our cybersecurity test team is searching for new members that can help us conduct system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, learning new technology areas, this is the place for you. We provide a number of opportunities to learn ranging from on-the-job training with other team members to formal courses for unique technology areas.
We realize that no one will have all of these qualifications. We are looking for people that can bring a strong foundation in one of the listed areas and are motivated to learn the others. Position responsibilities can span from compliance testing to penetration testing, depending on skillset.
This position provides support to the 47th Cyberspace Test Squadron at Lackland AFB, TX. This support includes the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Developmental Test & Evaluation (DT&E) plans, test cases, and report according to established test methodologies and procedures.
- Perform functional testing at the system, interoperability, and integration test levels on various systems and networks under the direction of a Senior Test Engineer.
- Participate in all phases of software and hardware development to include requirements development, risk assessments, and acceptance criteria development.
- Coordinate with customers, test engineers and range engineers to ensure the test infrastructure meet desired test objectives and data collection requirements.
- Actively communicate throughout the acquisition process in order to influence development of a testable capability or product.
- Perform as a technology subject matter expert and provide advice to customers.
- Compile and analyze test results data to determine conformity of the product or capability to the requirements.
- Document change requests/deficiencies of the product or capability as a result of test data analysis.
- Actively participate cooperatively in Agile team planning and test execution
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations is required: Master's Degree and a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience -OR- Bachelor's degree and 18 years of applicable experience –OR- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 22 years of applicable experience.
- Ability to interface with contractors developing the system under test (SUT) regarding test objectives, schedules, budgets, and methods of test.
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Must obtain the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certified Tester Foundational Level (CTFL) certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must obtain the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level-Test Analyst (CTAL-TA) certification within 2 years of hire.
- Must have good writing/oral presentation skills.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Five years of intensive and progressive experience in a computer-related field.
- Minimum of one year software testing for software / hardware applications or systems is required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of the following: Linux, Windows, VMware, OSI Model, Network traffic collection and analysis, enterprise network architecture, communication equipment and technologies, routers, mail and web servers, Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems, firewalls, anti-virus tools, and network traffic generation.
- Software Test automation experience.
- Programming or scripting skillset
- Understanding of AFIN & DODIN architecture.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website