Maintenance Manager- Columbus Craft Meats
To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
From a small, old world Italian craft meat shop in North Beach, San Francisco to one of the most successful national producers of authentic cured craft meats and all-natural deli products, Columbus has evolved and grown organically one customer at a time, staying loyal to our home base in the San Francisco Bay Area. Family owned for 90 years, we understand the value of high-quality products, staying true to our core values, and loyalty to our consumers and community. Our products drive our business strategy of aggressive expansion through new product innovation leading the craft meat market with a focus on clean, high quality, all natural, experiential foods that delight our consumers and customers. Columbus Craft Meats joined the Hormel Foods family in October 2017.
Job Purpose: The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Manager is to guide and direct the plant maintenance team in activities involving the repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, infrastructure and equipment. The incumbent will execute a maintenance strategy that promotes efficient optimal operations and actively support continuous reliability improvements.
- Manages the execution of all maintenance activities associated with assigned plant physical assets (buildings, grounds, utility infrastructure, process and packaging equipment) so that the lifetime value of the Company's investment in these assets is optimized
- Responsible for the technical development of all assigned staff. The incumbent participates in the recruitment, selection, coaching, evaluation and development of all assigned maintenance personnel.
- Utilizes the company's computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and supports its use as a key management information tool.
- Execute capital and expense projects as required. Prepare budgets and implementation plans for maintenance, repair, capital and reliability improvement expenditures. Utilize internal and external resources as necessary. Partner with plant leadership on start up and implementation.
- The incumbent works closely with the Manager of Environmental Compliance, Safety and Infrastructure as well as the Plant Manager and other plant personnel to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, statues, codes, and regulations as well as internal Company policies.
- Applies technical / engineering analysis and judgement to identify opportunities for improving plant operations. The Maintenance Manager will formulate recommendations and implement changes that drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Structural, Chemical, or Process Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years in maintenance engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Innovative, have good technical and mechanical knowledge, and possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Prior management/supervisory experience.
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Hayward, CA
BENEFITS: Columbus Craft Meats offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increases performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), retirement benefits, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation.
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply on company website