- Post and maintain position descriptions on appropriate internal and external sites for the Distribution Center(s).
- Research, identify and recruit appropriate candidates for open positions.
- Partner with Sr. Director of HR and Manager of Recruiting, DC to ensure offer process moves smoothly from delivery of offer to on-boarding.
- Track applicants to ensure all candidates are handled courteously and professionally during the interview process.
- Conduct reference checks, background checks, and drug screenings on potential candidates on an as needed basis.
- Routinely partner with HR, employees, and management to communicate various policies, procedures, laws standards, and government regulations.
- Provide guidance for discipline, counseling, development, and recognition.
- Maintain all applicant and Associate paperwork, ensuring that all paperwork has been gathered and that all compliance issues are met with regards to the Company processes.
- As needed, will coordinate interviews with hiring groups including routing schedules and resumes, making travel arrangements (when necessary) and gathering interview feedback.
- Update designated reports for the Distribution Center(s), to include the weekly Open Job Report and reports required.
- Assist with planning and preparation of recruiting fairs and events.
- Provide support for talent activities by compiling and maintaining talent profiles and documents for talent and performance reviews.
- Field questions regarding Associate relations matters, including Company benefits.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BA degree or the equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
- At least 2+ years of Human Resources/Recruiting experience.
- Prior Distribution Center staffing/HR experience preferred.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with and influence senior management.
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have a positive attitude and interact well with others.
- Physical ability to sit for extended periods and work at a computer.
- Occasional travel between multiple Distribution Center locations.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Ollie's is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website