Posted Date: Sep 16, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 421729.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for an ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES position.
- Location: Spring Arbor University - 106 E. Main St. Spring Harbor, MI 49283. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule with varying hours.
- Requirement: Must have foodservice management experience.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As an Assistant Director of Dining Services II, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day food service operations of a small to medium volume location. You will manage and lead a team of associates, and will be responsible for talent development, managing client relationships, profitability, and supporting financial goals in an assigned area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Chef and management team in creating nutritious and top quality food.
- Implements new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary teams.
- Maintains excellent relationships with the client.
- Manages, trains, and develops associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of food service supervisory or lead experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Financial experience and business acumen skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 421729
Apply on company website