Posted Date: May 14, 2020
- We have an opening for an ASST DIRECTOR of DINING SERVICES position.
- Location: Flagstaff, AZ
- Schedule: M-F, days
- Requirement: 3-5 years of food service experience, 1-2 years prior K-12 experience is preferred
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That's about 2.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells' promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it's our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- 401k with Company match
- Great Schedule! Weekends and holidays off.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Discount Marketplace
- And other great benefits!
As an Assistant Director of Dining Services, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day food service operations of a medium-high volume K-12 food service operaition. You will manage and lead a team of associates, and will be responsible for talent development, managing client relationships, profitability, and supporting financial goals in an assigned area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Chef and management team in creating nutritious and top quality food.
- Implements new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary teams.
- Maintains excellent relationships with the client.
- Manages, trains, and develops associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of food service experience, including prior supervisory or lead experience.
- 1-2 years of prior K-12 experience is preferred
- High volume experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Financial experience and business acumen skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 392394
Apply on company website