Posted Date: Jun 24, 2019
- We have an opening for a AUDIO VISUAL TECHNICIANposition.
- Location: Lake Forest, IL Note: online applications accepted only
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK's steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Auto Visual Technician
Primary responsibilities include operation of all Audio Visual (AV) support resources for Conference Solutions. Collaborate professionally with Conference Solutions staff, Compass employees and other departments to service all AV technical support requests for events. The AV Technician will serve as the onsite AV point person and coordinator for assigned events.
- Provide solutions for presentation needs occasionally under high-pressure circumstances
- Responsible for following protocols for A/V products and services.
- Responsible for completing all AV event setup and teardown for events.
- Provide professional, courteous technical support service to all customers with an emphasis on client services.
- Operational support and training for all AV devices within client's properties.
- Provide immediate response to requests for assistance to events in progress.
- Setup, calibration and technical support for following types of systems: display devices and mounting systems to include projectors front and rear, large screen LCD monitors.
- Setup and operation of portable audio systems including music program and speech reinforcement.
- Oversee resources to proactively ensure high quality service delivery while striving for continuous improvement
- Assist with room brokering daily
- Assist with Approvals in booking system daily
- Responsible for ensuring inventory pars are maintained
- Responsible for cleaning, maintaining and shutting down conference rooms nightly.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Superior quantitative, oral and written communications and problem-solving/strategizing skills
- Proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes in our business
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Exceptional customer service abilities
- Minimum of 2-3 years' work experience in an audio visual related position
- Previous desktop support experience a plus, Microsoft certification and/or experience with Microsoft productivity suite products, Apple, Microsoft, Adobe and other presentation formats and utilities required as well as knowledge of a wide variety of audio, video and teleconferencing technologies
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 290357
Apply on company website