Posted Date: Jun 21, 2019
- We have an opening for a Cafe Manager position.
- Location: Smithfield - 2401 Wilco Blvd., Wilson, NC 27893 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Primarily Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 5:00pm. Will include some seasonal Saturdays. Details upon interview.
- Requirement: Must have food service experience. ServSafe certification highly preferred.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit a job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen's track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Café Manager, you will hold duties related to the supervision of the food service operation of a medium to large volume location. The café manage ensures the standards of excellence are met, supervises associates, and supports the Director with financial responsibilities such as ordering and inventory cost controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages café operations.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and coaches associates.
- Assists with interviewing and hiring.
- Plans, markets and executes special events/promotions in the café.
- Prepares and maintains volume trend analysis reports on a daily basis.
- Ensures compliance with proper sanitation and cleaning standards.
- Operates within the budget and identifies new ways to improve the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Operational knowledge of the cash register, cash handling procedures, and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports.
- Operational knowledge of food service equipment and maintenance requirements.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 289835
Apply on company website