Posted Date: Jun 17, 2019
- We have an opening for a CATERING SUPERVISOR (SALES) position.
- Location: 205 W Wacker Dr, Suite 100. Chicago, IL 60606. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 10am - 7pm.
- Requirement: The catering supervisor (sales) will support catering sales and service for a 10,000 sq ft food hall, 9 restaurants, and 1 bar in the downtown Chicago business district. They will work with restaurant tenants to sell receptions, internal and external events, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as catering pick up and delivery. The catering supervisor will handle inquiries for catered deliveries or pickups, selling and servicing receptions and corporate events, and search out new business opportunities.
- Full-service restaurant or hotel experience preferred. 1 year of catering sales and service experience are highly preferred. Restaurant or hotel catering and group dining experience are highly preferred.
- Perks: This position will be eligible for a sales commission and bonus!! Strong opportunity for growth!
- Reports to: General Manager
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Eurest is recognized worldwide for standards of service and excellence within the foodservice industry. Embracing an ownership mindset, Eurest leverages global resources, promotes a local presence and enriches the communities we serve. The Eurest Promise, “connect with people, inspire through food, create solutions, and live our promise,” is exemplified throughout our organization. Eurest is proud to serve the world's most respected successful corporations, including many of the Fortune 500.
Full-time associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Catering Supervisor, you will be responsible for assisting the Catering Department in all duties including training new associates, overseeing event set-ups, and directing any temporary personnel in addition to their everyday assignments. You will ensure proper service to clients during events, including proper set-up, cleaning, and breakdown procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and leads a team of associates to successfully execute events, meeting expected service and quality standards.
- Assists in checking set-ups for regular and special events.
- Ensures client and customer satisfaction.
- Assists in staging catering equipment and beverage for daily events.
- Breaks down events and returns venue to original condition by removing all food, beverage, equipment and garbage.
- Maintains clear understanding of all aspects of VIP services.
- Maintains QA/HAACP standards and procedures.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of food service experience, preferably in a catering role.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Experience in catering events and working with event orders is preferred.
- Experience in supervising and training associates and temporary personnel is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 288156
Apply on company website