Posted Date: Oct 23, 2020
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Chief Financial Officer for $2 billion contract food service business based in North America. Chartwells Higher Education has over 30,000 employees that serve over 300 Colleges and Universities across the United States. This osition will be based in Chicago and reports to the CEO of Chartwells Higher Education, with dotted line reporting to the CFO of Compass Education.
- Contribute to the Chartwells Higher Ed strategy and planning with emphasis on delivering disciplined growth
- Primary responsibility for financial management of $2 billion Sector
- Lead a team of 100 finance professionals across the organization
- Maintain strong focus on Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Evaluate new business and acquisition proposals
- Evaluation and disclosure of financial transactions including: acquisitions and divestitures, technology projects, consolidations, restructurings, franchising
- Work closely with executive team regarding strategic planning to increase revenue, profit and working capital
- Drive strategic initiatives e.g. Loss Prevention, Model Market, etc.
- Continually enhance MAP reporting and drive business review process
- Support and advise the CEO
- Continually challenge the status quo and look to provide added value
- 10+ Years of Senior Financial Management experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA a plus
- CPA or equivalent accounting certification required
- Prior experience as senior financial leader within similar industry for multi-site business with revenue in excess of $1 billion
- Food service industry knowledge and experience would be an advantage
- Public accounting background a plus
- Extensive experience with large transactions (Business Development & Contract Negotiation)
- Strong negotiation, communication and analysis skills required
- Retail focus & commercial acumen
- Hands on experience with process improvement methodologies, project management, and change management strongly preferred.
- Travel throughout the US required (20%)
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and team skills.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Apply on company website