Posted Date: Mar 26, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 388025.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for an OFFICE MANAGER position.
- Location: Fifth and Forbes Avenue. Pittsburgh PA, 15260. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Must be flexible. More details upon interview.
- Details: We are seeking an office manager to support new business account, the University of Pittsburgh. They will be responsible for supporting the catering operation with billing, invoicing, tracking payments, etc.
- Requirement: Office management / administrative experience.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As an Office Manager, you will perform a variety of duties including coordination of all business unit accounting activities, maintaining cash control, payroll, including Living Wage Ordinance compliance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, profit and loss reconciliations, and human resources administration/benefits for personnel. You will coordinate routine office duties to include data entry, associate files, record retention, and support documentation. Other duties include coordinating associate events, monthly and annual business reports as well as handling the POS system, camera system and digital signage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, preparation of payrolls, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
- Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Plans office layout, develops office budget, and initiates cost reduction programs.
- Reviews clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Prepares activities reports for guidance of management.
- Coordinates activities of various clerical departments or workers within department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of administrative and clerical experience in an office, hotel, corporate and/or related work environment.
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures.
- Working knowledge of processes and systems including financial reporting.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 388025
Apply on company website