Posted Date: Apr 6, 2020
- We have an opening for a PATIENT SERVICES MANAGER I position.
- Grade: 14
- Location:SPARTANBURG REGIONAL, SPARTANBURG, SC
- Schedule:Typically M - F, Weekends/Evenings as necessary; Generally 8 hours; sometimes 12
- Note: online applications accepted only.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine's “Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013” and one of Training Magazine's top 125 for 2014.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Working as a Patient Services Manager, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties to include the planning and supervision of patient food assembly and service, and the scheduling, hiring, dismissal and training of tray line, diet office and hospitality personnel. Additionally, as a member of the management team, you will ensure patient satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient use of resources. This exciting position will provide both challenge and satisfaction while allowing you continued career growth.
- Establishes goals and oversees implementation of patient food services needs based upon medical direction, patient population and contract
- Hires, leads, directs, coaches, trains, and develops patient services team members
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special or modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations
- Complies with regulatory agencies, including federal, state, and Joint Commission as evidenced by successful completion of surveys with no deficiencies
- Visits patients on an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay
- Ensures patient services staff assists in achieving stated patient satisfaction goals
- Participates in facility-wide and department Performance Improvement Program and on Performance Improvement teams to improve processes and patient care
- Follows facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
- Participates and attends all departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management, Dietetics or related field; or Associate's Degree plus three years of directly related experience preferred
- Minimum of three years of acute or long-term care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- One to three years of direct foodservice operational management experience, preferably in an acute or long-term care setting
- Knowledge of P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Registered Dietitian, Registered Diet Technician or Certified Dietary Manager certificate preferred
- Must be willing to participate in patient/resident satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified highly desirable
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 386960
Apply on company website