Director of Materials
Henry County Hospital
As a full time, exempt, Director of Materials with PSI Supply Chain Solutions (PSISCS) you will oversee and manage all aspects of the Materials Department for Henry County Hospital. This position works primarily Monday-Friday, 8a-5p.
About the Facility: Henry County Hospital is a 25 bed, not for profit, critical access, DNV accredited hospital. Services include Cancer/Oncology, Emergency, ICU,Sleep Center, Cardiac Rehab, Respiratory, and Women's Health services throughout Napoleon and surrounding areas.
- Develop policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, inventory control, receiving and storage, distribution, duplicating and mail transport throughout the hospital
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer in the form of reports, budgets, supply utilization analysis and capital expenditure management.
- Interface directly with all departments in the hospital regarding materials that have been requested to ascertain specifications and need.
- Negotiate and act as the contact person for all purchase agreements with the various distributors for materials that may or may not be addressed by a group purchasing organization.
- Review, evaluate and approve all purchase orders.
- Coordinate all activities of the Central Services area, except for sterilization procedures.
- Solicit proposals from various manufacturers and distributors for all supplies and equipment throughout the hospital, except for pharmaceuticals and dietary products.
- Maintain a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Oversight and management of 1 employee in the Department.
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on business administration, economics or a related field (experience may be accepted in lieu of a college degree)
- At least 3 years of recent experience in purchasing or materials management role in a healthcare environment
- At least 3 years of experience in managing staff and building teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven knowledge of inventory, and purchasing practices associated with the healthcare industry, specifically hospital materials management
Benefits: All PSI employees enjoy a competitive salary and are eligible to participate in the 401(k) savings plan with a match. Full Time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance / Paid Time Off (PTO) Program / Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability / Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance / Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts and more.
About PSI: On September 1, 2017, Pharmacy Systems, Inc. joined forces with Comprehensive Pharmacy Services to form the largest hospital services entity of its kind in the nation. The combined company controls close to $2 billion in U.S. drug spend, serves over 700 client facilities, and leverages broad and complementary capabilities to help hospital and health systems improve quality, reduce cost and achieve better patient outcomes . Since our beginning in 1973, Pharmacy Systems, Inc. has stayed true to our focus of developing long-term partnerships with our healthcare clients. As the leader in healthcare management services, our success has been driven by the success of our partnerships, the success of our team members and our ability to improve patient care. For more information, visit: www.pharmacysystems.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website