Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Emergency Department Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
As an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients. You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to refine and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the patients physical condition, emotional and social needs.
- You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a regular basis
- You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection related to medical and traumatic emergencies
- You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
- You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
- You will properly verify, document, and administer medication
- You will provide health care teaching to patients and families along with appropriate documentation
- You will evaluate the patients progression towards attainment of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions
- 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Associates degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) OR Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) OR Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENCP) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved)
St. Davids South Austin Medical Centeris an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the areas only adultbone marrow transplantprogram and Level II trauma center. The facilitys full range ofspecialized servicesincludes cardiovascular care and rehabilita... Please click HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website