Join ourHCA Nurse Residency Program!
The staff at HCA Florida Fawcett Hospitalcontinually meets the high standards required to care for the unique needs of our patients. Aspart of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, our 237 bed facility serves the Port Charlotte area.
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation(StaRN)and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses that culminates in an evidence-based capstone project.
SpecialtyTrainingApprenticeship forRegisteredNurses (StaRN)
The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.StaRN will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out ofthe classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- Didactic training:introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
- Simulation training: reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
- Hands on training:preceptorship training with a facility preceptor in the nursing unit
- The typical schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week but can also include a weekend day during the holidays.
- The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts per week and every other weekend at the hospital, following the preceptors schedule.
- Certifications achieved: BLS, ACLS, CPI, EKG, NIH Stroke Scale, and Meditech Modules.
- Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
- Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital. Residents may be obligated to repay a pro-rated portion of the educational costs should they break that commitment.
Professional Development Program (remainder of the 1styear):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
- Frequent resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
- ObtainCharge Nurse and Preceptor skills
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
HCA is dedicated to hiring our American Heroes and bringing those iconic military branch values and work ethic to join our teams and provide care to our communities while ensuring our military and their families success in the civilian work sector.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits will include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement,student loan repayment (available for select roles and facilities),an employee discount program and more. Choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan that will best suit your needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past12-months.
Florida RN Licensure required prior to program start.
Previous medical or service industry experience highly desired, but not required.
Self-motivated and strong communication skills required.
Candidates who will love our patients are preferred!
Apply on company website