Company: Conn's HomePlus
Location: Birmingham, AL
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Retail, Wholesale, Apparel
The Warehouse Manager's role includes managing all inbound/ outbound and safety operations conducted at the assigned cross dock.
- All operations conducted at the assigned cross dock, such as the scheduling of customer deliveries and outbound process (dispatching), receiving freight, inventory control, maintenance of vehicles
- Entering credits for delivery teams according to payroll deadlines, processing damaged product, and ensuring facility maintenance and cleanliness
- Directly manages all personnel assigned at the cross dock, possibly including the indirect supervision of third party employees
- Additionally, the Warehouse Manager supports the retail stores in the assigned market with meeting sales goals and properly handling delivery, merchandise and customer service issues
- Performs any other tasks or special projects as needed by senior management.
- Prior management experience, preferably in warehouse and delivery, is required
- Must have sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with Conn's product is preferred
- Must have excellent customer service and follow-up skills
- Equipment operation knowledge/experience is preferred (i.e., Cherry Picker/ Clamps/ Reach Truck)
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer and clerical experience is preferred
- Ability to occasionally move/position product weighing up to 75 lbs. without assistance
- Must be able to occasionally position self to maintain/move product throughout the facility and be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Must be able to constantly work in an open/outdoor warehouse environment and pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical assessment
- Undergraduate degree is preferred
- High school diploma or GED is required
Conn's is PROUD to be an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website