At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Certified Medication Assistants who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Certified Medical Assistant performs and assists with a variety of basic patient care activities under the direction of a physician and supervision of a licensed nurse.
The incumbent should be able to perform all of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the job performance requirements
- Administer medication to inmates/residents under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator.
- Obtain, monitor, record and report vital signs and patient's condition as needed.
- Prepare patients for physical exams, procedures and treatments.
- Assist nurse/physician with physical exams, procedures and treatments.
- Assist nurse with preparing and maintaining a variety of reports and logs; to include filing, alphabetizing and labeling.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high-quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to the government and the people they serve.
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent or greater.
- Must possess a current certification from an approved formal nursing assistant program or equivalent program with written consent from corporate Director, Health Services and be CPR certified.
- Must possess appropriate certification or licensing in the state where practice occurs.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOEM/F/Vets/Disabled.
Apply on company website