At CoreCivic we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Certified Medical Assistants who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Certified Medical Assistant performs and assists with a variety of basic patient care activities under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse.
The incumbent should be able to perform all of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the job performance requirements
- Administer medication to inmates/residents under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator.
- Obtain, monitor, record and report vital signs and patient's condition as needed.
- Prepare patients for physical exams, procedures and treatments.
- Assist nurse/physician with physical exams, procedures and treatments.
- Engage in functions in confined areas that include such things as working rotating shifts and physically checking the doors, windows and other areas to verify they are secure.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, a national leader in high quality corrections and detention management;
- CoreCivic Properties, offering a wide range of innovative, cost-saving government real estate solutions;
- CoreCivic Community, a growing network of residential re-entry centers to help tackle Americas recidivism crisis.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for our employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent or greater.
- Must be state certified as a Medical Assistant in the state of employment or meet the state guidelines for exceptions to certification.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Apply on company website