At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Recreation Coordinator who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Recreation Coordinator assists in the planning and supervision of the recreational program for the facility. They coordinate and supervise daily recreational and leisure activities, to include but not limited to, athletic games, print shop, craft shop or other hobby programs for inmates/residents.
- Assist in the supervision of the overall recreational program for the facility, to include supervising inmates/residents in support of the facility security plan.
- Coordinate and supervise daily recreational and leisure activities in accordance with building schedule, to include but not limited to, athletic games, print shop, craft shop or other hobby programs.
- Maintain and conduct physical inventories of supplies, tools and equipment to avoid waste, loss and damage.
- Order replacement items in a timely manner, within the guidelines of facility purchasing procedures. Arrange for the proper equipment and facilities to be available in designated areas of the facility as required.
- Maintain and monitor the safety and sanitation of recreational areas.
- Prepare and disseminate reports, including safety and accident reports, statistical reports, and other documents as required by policy; takes appropriate action in cases of serious and unusual incidents and emergencies.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Sixty (60) credit hours of college coursework in Recreational Management, Kinesiology, Physical Education or an acceptable related field is required.
- One year of experience in the supervision of recreation or leisure activities is required.
- Acceptable related recreation experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise a recreation program and communicate clearly with participants and staff.
- Experience with custody and control of inmates/residents preferred.
- A valid drivers license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Apply on company website