As an Accounts Payable Representative for Cornerstone Brands, you will be responsible for processing all inventory and non-inventory invoices for all Brands. The high volume of invoices must be accurate, timely (within 3 days) and be processed efficiently. They will match receipts manually for all prepaid inventory invoices. They are responsible for working and maintaining all inventory reporting and in doing so, be able to work with the Brands planners/merchants on receipt issues.
You will work closely with the AP Customer Service representatives on invoicing issues that need additional research as to why an invoice is not paid to ensure timely payment. In working non-inventory, they will review batches of processed invoices for accuracy. It offers a fast-paced environment, where teamwork is valued. Providing challenging opportunities to learn, grow, and to contribute to the success of the company.
Who We Are
Cornerstone Services offers expertise and corporate support across the four Cornerstone Brands. These shared services include Information Technology, Digital Commerce, Customer Care, and Distribution. Our team members enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company.
- Research vendor issues and responds in a timely manner
- Communicate with vendors, buyers and accounting as necessary
- Correspond with vendors and staff regarding payment status
- Research and troubleshoot past due payables
- Sort, distribute and scan incoming mail
- Review invoice batches for accuracy
- Process electronic payments and check runs
- Maintain accounts payable reports and spreadsheets
- Process a high volume of invoices timely, accurately and efficiently
- Review and resolve discrepancies to ensure timely payment
What You Bring
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Inventory experience a plus
- Centralized A/P experience a plus
- High School Diploma
- Minimum Associates Degree preferred
- Experience with Lawson or PeopleSoft a plus
- Basic accounting knowledge with strong research and resolution skills
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Strong time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Intermediate skill level of Microsoft Office Suite, able to utilize Adobe Acrobat and office equipment.
- Knowledge of working on multiple system platforms within the shared services environment.
- Familiar with KPI (Key Performance Indicators) to show transparency of performance against goals.
- Readily able to work independently with minimal supervision once training has been provided.
- Experienced with analytical skills, understanding a complex inquiry/problem, and effectively distinguishing how to solve.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus a strict interpretation of “what you bring."
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time
Apply on company website