Job Description Details
We are searching for a Lead Systems Engineer to join our E-Commerce software development team, and drive our projects to success. The Lead Systems Engineer will work in a Java-based WebSphere Commerce Server environment, and will be responsible for customer facing web applications with focus on the design, and construction of our feature-rich Internet presence.
Successful candidates are passionate about building eCommerce applications and services that support all of our brands, managing high performance teams, and striving for operational excellence. You work well in translating ambiguous business goals and can resolve competing priorities from multiple business partners.
Who we Are
Lead Systems Engineers are the technical experts and have a passion to build. They work with product managers, and project manager to translate product visions, business cases, and user experiences into technical requirements, scope development effort, and execute against the prioritized product roadmaps. Leads are responsible for the overall design, and quality of the code. They also ensure their teams have the tools they need to be successful. They work with application, and system architects for their projects, and collaborate on cross team designs to ensure a unified platform that scales and supports company growth.
- Leads small, and medium size projects
- Creates project schedules
- Determines resource staffing needs
- Oversees task assignments to project resources, both near, and offshore
- Works closely with Product Managers to assess technical requirements of new projects
- Assists with project analysis, design, and system documentation
- Handles coding, debugging and documentation
- Supports the QA group in developing test plans and test scripts
What you will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of software development experience.
- Strong Java-centric Web development skills
- Capable, and comfortable leading other development resources
- Strong debugging skills at both the server and browser levels.
- Proficient with browser developer tools.
- Experience with mobile Web development (Smartphone)
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Understanding of performance implications of features being developed.
- Strong programming ability, with great attention to detail and design.
- Ability to develop and assist in the timely delivery of high-quality software.
- Ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and has time management skills to meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management.
- Dedication to a collaborative working style and the ability to work well in small teams.
- A self-starter who enjoys technical challenges and embraces new opportunities.
- Willingness to participate in occasional after-hour and on-call support.
- A desire to learn and use new technologies
Nice to Haves
- WebSphere Commerce.
- Agile / Kanban
- 24/7 E-commerce.
- Mobile application development.
- SQL development with DB2 or other SQL RDBMS.
About Cornerstone Brands
Cornerstone is comprised of four interactive, aspirational home and apparel lifestyle brands: Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Grandin Road, and Garnet Hill. Cornerstone operates separate ecommerce sites for all the brands, distributes more than 265 million catalogs annually, and has 16 retail and outlet stores. The Cornerstone brands are part of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website