Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Purpose of Position:
Technical Field Support Specialist are assigned to specific areas of the country and provide; before, during and after the sale product training; support new product launches; provide in the field product support and the gathering of competitive information in the support of Corning Optical Communications’ Sales, Marketing and PLM groups while promoting Quality policies for all customers of Corning Optical Communications.
• Provide after the sale training and field support of Corning Optical Communications’ products.
• Provide support to Corning Optical Communications’ Sales during new product launches.
• Actively pursue competitive information and report back to Sales, Marketing and PLM.
• Document product usage and trends observed at customer locations.
• Support field trials during product launches and field trial evaluations.
• Support Field Sales at Sales presentations and at trade shows as required.
• Adhere to budgetary constraints / guidelines and document all expenses.
• Provide structured product training to customers in a small classroom type environment.
• Exemplify the Quality Policies of Corning Optical Communications to all internal and external customers.
• Position may require up to 50% travel within the lower 48 states (mostly within the assigned support region).
• Some international travel may be required (typically Canada, Australia or Caribbean)
Hours of Work/ Work Schedule:
• Working hours will vary widely depending on the given assignment.
• Work week can vary in hours (0-65 hours) depending on support demands
• Work schedule is managed by the TFS Supervisor and will vary week to week depending on support demands received from Sales, Marketing, Project Services, Application Engineering and PLM.
Education Requirements: 2 year Technical degree or equivalent telecommunication work experience.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the telephony, CATV, Local Area networks or other communication industry field.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to obtain a U.S. Passport.
• Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening and driving record check.
• Fluent in English (verbal and written) required.
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Work independently with little or no supervision.
• Ability to interface and communicate effectively with personnel with varied knowledge levels and responsibilities both internal and external to the company.
• When on assignment be able to Multi-Task and Prioritize task as required.
• Take ownership of tasks and projects and manage them to completion on time.
• Work effectively as a team member, leader and facilitator.
• Experienced traveler familiar with booking reservations; flights, hotels, rental cars.
• Technical certifications specifically in the telecommunications industry.
• Knowledgeable in general construction practices and planning procedures.
• Knowledgeable in Corning Optical Communications’ products a plus.
• Ability to speak conversational Spanish a plus
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.
Apply on company website