Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware, and equipment to be a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry. This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data, and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments, and individuals for their own use.
Region: South Central Territory: Gulf Coast Territory (Louisiana, Southern Mississippi, Alabama Gulf Coast, and Florida Panhandle)
Purpose of Position: Maximize the sale of Corning Optical Communications (COC) products within Gulf Coast Territory to grow the business and ensure success of the company. Develop and execute a territory sales plan focused on delivering network solutions that leverage Corning’s comprehensive capabilities.
• Meet or exceed sales budgets for all telecommunications products assigned.
• Operate within assigned selling expense and promotional item budget.
• Through regular sales calls, generate preference for Corning Optical Communications’ products over that of competitors.
• Ensure a balanced mix of sales call to end users, contractors, cable assembly houses, distributors, and consultants.
• Manage to maximum efficiency the NPI contractor program and Consultant EAP Program in your territory.
• Coordinate sales calls with primary distributor representatives to maximize sales penetration within assigned territory.
• Provide ongoing training to these distributors to assist them in effectively selling Corning Optical Communications' product solutions.
• Provide timely call report summaries for all face-to-face meetings & important phone conversations using an assigned CRM System.
• Maintain and keep current a territory Opportunity Board of all projects valued above $25K in your territory.
• Submit monthly reports and expense reports to the Regional Manager on time.
• Maintain proficiency in the use of the personal computer with special emphasis on Salesforce.com, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Strong Solution Selling Capabilities
• Consultative Communication: Probes for information and shapes a customer discussion.
• Business Intellect: Understands customer pain points and the overall P&L Statement.
• Mental Agility: Quickly adapts; can think and react on his/her feet.
• Organizational Agility: Builds relationships and works effectively within an organization.
• Collaboration: Shares vital information with key stakeholders to gain commitment.
• Ability to use Salesforce.com to create and maintain a project pipeline and forecasting.
• Internally motivated and results oriented.
• Outstanding people skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to set up small and large education programs with a focus on customer needs.
• Ability to target and prioritize key customers.
• Proven success in time/territory management.
• Leverages broad knowledge of our products, solutions, and value proposition.
• Understands how Corning’s solutions provide value to the customer.
• Highly competitive with the ability to share success with team members and Regional Manager.
• Excellent organizational skills with proven track record.
• Familiarity with telecommunications, fiber-optics, & selling through distribution.
• Exceptional teaching, training, and motivational skills with proven track record.
• B.S. or B.A. degree required
• Sales and/or Marketing experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Travel required 50%.
• Must be able to work effectively in an unstructured environment with minimum supervision from a home-based office.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website