Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
At Houston Methodist, the Market Research Analyst is responsible for tracking brand imagery and marketplace performance and stewarding results to the marketing team and broader HM organization. This role conducts analysis as required to address ad hoc business questions and issues and helps manage information services operations for Corporate Marketing and the Contact Center. The Market Research Analyst also coordinates and fulfills requests for local and national consumer and physician mailings. Other responsibilities may include being the main point of contact for specific internal clients.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 15 %
1. Works collaboratively across the System, including hospital leadership, marketing, and finance, to obtain the data necessary for marketplace analysis and reporting. (EF)
2. Collaborates with market research team members to produce and deliver robust, holistic analyses to clients. (EF)
SERVICE - 30 %
1. Assists in oversight of the systematic reporting schedule that provides complex, in-depth market analysis for all of the Houston Methodist hospitals and the system overall; the various reports analyze hospital service area demographics, volumes, market share, payer mix and patient transfers. (EF)
2. Designs and implements reporting, data extracts and manipulation in support of department objectives and goals. (EF)
3. Researches, analyzes and monitors local and national health care environment, market and competition to assess impact to Houston Methodist hospitals.
4. Communicates and presents market analysis findings to leadership across the System.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30 %
1. Compiles and interprets marketing, contact center, web, and financial data for quarterly marketing and service line reporting. (EF)
2. Monitors integrity of the information contained in the databases and determines how to translate data into usable, actionable information for the formation and execution of marketing strategies and measures of success. (EF)
FINANCE - 15 %
1. Oversees, coordinates and analyzes local and national consumer and physicians mailings, implementing and utilizing segmented data with an eye toward cost efficiency.
2. Assures operability of information technology systems to support operations of Corporate Marketing.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
1. Uses data from information systems to support the development of marketing plans and evaluate the success of marketing efforts. (EF)
2. Seeks opportunities to apply new research techniques to understand key business questions. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelors degree in Market Research, Business Administration, Statistics, Information Technology or related field. Master¿s degree is preferred.
o Four (4) years of market research or related analytical experience required. Healthcare experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
o Excellent analytical and observation skills with the ability to take large amounts of complex statistical data and present it in a simplified, easy to digest format.
o Good grasp of normalized database logic and terminology with experience in relational databases a plus.
o Able to effectively collaborate with internal and external team members and partners (i.e. agencies, research vendors).
o Ability to obtain and analyze performance data from internal and third-party databases/systems (e.g., Truven MarketDiscovery Planning, NRC Market Insights).
o Proficient in Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SQL, and graphic packages such as MapPoint. Additional experience with statistical packages (SAS, SPSS or similar) is preferred. Experience with data visualization software (e.g., Tableau) is preferred.
o Knowledge of survey methodology and statistics is preferred, not required.
o Excellent time management, prioritization, and communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation's leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Apply on company website