Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
At Houston Methodist, the Senior Service Line Clinical Value Analysis position is responsible for assessing the Value Analysis process for designated clinical categories across Houston Methodist. This position will execute the role through expert clinical knowledge and leadership skills with the goal of system alignment and standardization to optimally meet the supply needs of our patients, physicians and clinicians in a financially responsible manner. Under the direction of department management and in collaboration with key stakeholders, the Clinical Value Analysis Service Line Lead position will execute upon an annual work plan.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
1. Utilizes clinical and value analysis expertise to cultivate and maintains professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders including physicians, executives and clinical staff. Facilitates open, professional, communication to achieve mutual understanding. (EF)
2. Leads a Value Analysis team using project management and meeting management skills. Provides updates and recommendations to multiple stakeholders including physicians, executives and end users utilizing skills in public speaking and presentation. Communicates work efforts and problem resolution in a clear and professional manner. (EF)
3. Serves as a mentor and resource to the Clinical Value Analysis Coordinator role, assisting with training and development. (EF)
SERVICE - 20%
1. Reviews all service line products (supplies), technology, services and equipment requests. Analyzes reports, data and market trends to determine cost reduction opportunities, reimbursement, initiatives and best practice standards. Prepares cost estimates for current and proposed opportunities by primary service line in collaboration with data analytics. Ensures a balance in maintaining high quality and safe patient care with cost effective operations. (EF)
2. Provides assistance to facilitate planning and directing of product conversions, new product introduction and process flows for Supply Chain. With limited direction, leads and carries out process to ensure that all products and equipment meets organization standards and end-user requirements, compliance, quality and safety specifications. (EF)
3. Regularly rounds with customers (i.e. physicians, clinical staff) to enhance communication and ensure strategic alignment. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
1. Guides and supports the system standardization of products, equipment and services process as validated by clinical evidence and data. (EF)
2. Leads Clinical Value Analysis committees to achieve optimal patient outcomes and financial stewardship in the evaluation and implementation of medical supplies and services. (EF)
3. Independently analyze a situation and develop a reasonable action plan using strong critical thinking and problem solving skills. (EF)
FINANCE - 25%
1. Completes direct financial modeling and complex decision making. Considers: labor and nonlabor costs, reimbursement, incentives and share back opportunities, cost avoidance, changes in reimbursement, cost avoidance and quality outcomes. (EF)
2. Uses resources to evaluate spend and savings opportunities for specific products and services. Provides input into the unit resource utilization including unit capital and operational budget needs. (EF)
3. Collaborates with GPO leaders to identify and implement savings and standardization initiatives. Manages annual savings targets for assigned service. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Implements change, demonstrating the ability to engage with physicians, management and clinical staff to achieve compliance for initiatives. Maintains knowledge of the internal and external drivers for change in medical surgical products, medical technology, services and clinical best practice. (EF)
2. Researches and interprets clinical evidence for best practices around medical and surgical products, technology, capital and services as well as clinical practice variation. Identifies and presents areas for innovation, efficiency and improvement in patient care or operations using evidence-based practice literature. (EF)
3. Participates in scholarly activities; continuously improves skills and knowledge. Maintains knowledge of the internal and external drivers for change in his or her specialty. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelors degree
o Masters degree preferred
o Five (5) years of patient care experience in a hospital clinical environment and/or value analysis experience (Three (3) years of experience for internal candidates)
o Leadership experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
o National supply chain certification/licensure preferred
o Certification in value analysis or a clinical specialty preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Highly skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications, including but not limited to intermediate knowledge of the following Microsoft products: Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
o Exhibits confidence when discussing medical surgical product issues and recommendations with clinicians, physicians and executives
o Demonstrates a focus on patient outcomes, improved clinical performance and financial stewardship
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation's leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Apply on company website