Work Shift: NIGHT
Work Week: M - F
At Houston Methodist, the Supply Chain Technician position is responsible for performing the physical, inventory-related tasks in Supply Chain Management, including but not limited to storage, distribution, and replenishment of supplies and equipment used throughout the hospital campus or central distribution center to promote a clinically-integrated Supply Chain. This position will perform tasks such as the delivery of supply and equipment orders, stocking of supplies, rotation of supplies, checking of expiration dates, removal of excess inventory and cleaning of clinical equipment. The Supply Chain Technician I position performs basic storage, replenishing and dispensing of supplies in accordance with department and hospital procedures to provide support to clinical and ancillary areas.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
1. Interacts with co-workers and customers in a supportive and respectful manner. Encourages open communication to achieve outstanding customer service. Communicates clearly and professionally to promote both work efforts and problem resolution. (EF)
2. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a team-focused work unit that actively helps one another achieve department goals. (EF)
3. Provides contributions towards improvement of department scores for turnover/retention/employee satisfaction on unit-based scorecard, i.e. peer-to-peer accountability. (EF)
SERVICE - 25%
1. Assesses, monitors and fills supply and equipment inventory levels, or PARS, according to schedules and efficiently delivers supplies and equipment needed on assigned units or departments. (EF)
2. Physically receives stock requests and picks, stages and delivers according to schedule and within established guidelines. (EF)
3. Responds to and appropriately executes supply and equipment requests, both urgent and routine, within established guidelines of the department. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
1. Reviews and appropriately reports all supply and equipment inventory levels to ensure inventory is managed and replenished appropriately to prevent stock-outs or over-stock situations. (EF)
2. Using documentation such as delivery manifest, pick ticket or packing slip, inspects and audits supply and equipment deliveries based on department standards and procedures (i.e. quantity, unit of measure, correct label, physical condition, product expiration). (EF)
3. Assists with identification and removal of non-conforming products by rounding and inspecting supplies and equipment when defects or recall notifications are received. (EF)
4. Maintains, cleans and organizes clinical supply and equipment areas. (EF)
FINANCE - 15%
1. Ensures all Supply Chain transactions (inventory, receipt, etc.) are completed accurately within the appropriate tracking systems and within the established guidelines of the department. (EF)
2. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize department daily tasks, minimizing incidental overtime. (EF)
3. Utilizes efficient and cost-effective work practices with department resources and supplies; provides recommendations to reduce expenses. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that improve quality or services. (EF)
2. Participates in special projects and department initiatives and seeks opportunities to expand learning with a focus on continual development. Completes and updates the individual development plan (IDP) on an on-going basis. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
o One year of experience preferred in Healthcare, Supply Chain or Materials Management preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
o Knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and process requirements for Sterile Supply
o Ability to complete work within designated time frames
o Demonstrates ability to access information both in the department and within the hospital system to support the department
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Apply on company website