Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
NOTE: Please read the following -
- This is a seasonal, PRN, non-benefit eligible position that will work UP TO 40 hours per week Monday - Friday (mid-August - early November).
- Candidates MUST be able to travel within the Greater Houston area.
At Houston Methodist, the Wellness Coordinator PRN is responsible for supporting health promotion and disease prevention programs for a diverse population through individual and group instruction. To provide supplemental support to coordinate services, staff, equipment and supplies for Employee and Corporate Services as needed.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 30 %
1. Act as a dedicated and respected resource to internal HM departments and external corporate clients for wellness-related inquiries that are of low to moderate complexity in order to foster a positive culture of health. (EF)
SERVICE - 30 %
1. Assists with delivering programs designed to promote health and reduce risk factors. (EF)
2. Partners with Wellness Coordinators to coordinate and implement wellness programs and services, as needed. (EF)
3. Performs a variety of health assessments, including metabolic, flexibility, body composition, bone density, fitness testing; health screenings including height, weight, waist girth, hip girth, blood pressure, and cholesterol or HbA1c via finger sticks. (EF)
4. Prepare for various events and leads discussions on various health and wellness topics in a variety of settings: group, classroom, and one on one coaching inclusive of nutrition, fitness, stress management and tobacco cessation topics.
5. Distributes health-related communications and marketing materials.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25 %
1. Accurately documents individual and group outcomes, program data, goals, achievements and results. After events provides feedback on wellness programs and activities to Wellness Coordinators to evaluate wellness programs and services based on participation, engagement, outcomes, efficiency and utilization. (EF)
2. Communicates team resource needs to manager to ensure quality and customer service standards.
FINANCE - 5 %
1. Responsible for timely reporting of participation in programs led by the individual. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
1. Responsible for maintaining professional expertise and staying current with emerging health and wellness trends. (EF)
2. Provides recommendations for optimizing participation with current programs.
3. Complete special projects, assignments and data analysis, as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelor's degree in in Health Promotion, Health Science, Public Health, Exercise Science or related field required.
o One year of experience in Wellness, Health Promotion, Exercise Science or related field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
o American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
o Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
o Exhibits strong interpersonal, relationship-building, teamwork and leadership skills (written and verbal communication, ability to deal with difficult situations, etc.).
o Possesses energetic, professional and self-motivated disposition.
May require travel within Houston Metropolitan area: Yes
May require travel outside Houston Metropolitan area: Yes
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Apply on company website