At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As a Custodian Services Assistant, you will clean and maintain the public spaces — including breezeways, sidewalks, amenity areas, and compactors/dumpsters — of a multimillion dollar, multifamily apartment home community. Here are the roles you'll play: The Caretaker
- Do whatever it takes to keep our common areas in tip-top shape (picking up litter, sweeping sidewalks, pressure washing breezeways, etc.)
- Perform tasks professionally, without endangering yourself, residents, or fellow associates
- Always on the lookout for physical safety hazards and quick to report them to your supervisor
- Understand that disarray, clutter, and chaos are the enemies of curb appeal – and not the first impression we want to make on our residents or visitors
- Always looking for an excuse to be outside — not a fan of sitting in a cubicle
- Love getting your hands dirty, and happy to be active and work on your feet all day
- Not afraid one bit of extreme weather, bugs, or heights
- Enjoy physical exercise and have the energy to endure a full day of non-stop, fast-paced activity
- Happy to work in a physically demanding environment that may require you to lift and push heavy objects
- Excited to get paid to spend almost the entire day on the move, even when it means bending over for extended periods of time
- Your community looks perfect. Common areas are spotless, the grounds are beautiful, and curb appeal is worthy of a magazine cover.
- Residents are eager to spend more and more time in their common areas and are proud to call your community home.
- Residents “ooh” and “ahh” over your handiwork.
- Ability to read and write English, for safety and productivity reasons
- Driver's license and automobile insurance
- Solid eye for detail and spotting areas in need of attention
- Skills to accurately perform basic mathematical functions
- Ability to interact with customers professionally and enthusiastically
- Willingness to live a minimum distance to the community for efficient response time
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email email@example.com or call 404.965.3988.
Cortland is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Apply on company website