At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As a Service Manager, you lead the service team in maintaining the physical integrity of a multimillion dollar, multifamily apartment home community. Here are the roles you'll play: The Superhero
- Seem to have superpowers because you know how to diagnose and fix pretty much anything — electrical, plumbing, HVAC, gas, appliance, structural, lighting, and security systems
- Make your community a higher functioning and more efficient place for residents to call home
- Help your team anticipate problems that residents might have before they even occur
- Serve as your community's point person for creating a worry-free living environment
- Fearlessly lead a team of technicians as they perform routine preventive maintenance and make timely, high-quality repairs
- Share your wisdom and insights with the team, prioritize their tasks, make sure they follow protocol, and motivate them to go above and beyond the call of duty
- Oversee and inspect your team's work, and sometimes perform the tasks yourself
- Make sure your team is constantly on the lookout for areas of concern, using our “safety first” motto
- Keep track of a crazy number of details without feeling like your head might explode
- Act as the gatekeeper of maintenance information — tracking and assigning everything from resident service requests to preventive maintenance records
- Manage to keep the service vendors, maintenance budget, and supplies inventory on track
- Residents feel completely confident that all community maintenance issues will be repaired quickly and effectively.
- Service requests are at an all-time low, thanks to all your preventive maintenance and quick repairs.
- Renewals have skyrocketed because life at your community is so worry-free — residents feel like they're on one giant "staycation."
- Solid record of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repair experience
- Impeccable record-keeping and reporting skills
- Physical agility and mobility
- Resourceful problem solver
- Current EPA and CPO certifications
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404.965.3988.
Cortland is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Apply on company website