The Investment Manager (IM) combines investment analysis and execution experience to facilitate the implementation of business plans for multifamily acquisition and development projects. The Investment Manager must be continually in sync with the Director of Investments to disseminate investment objectives and guide strategic initiatives, help delegate tasks to support functions (specifically IA's and more generally Ops, CI, ID, etc.) and produce polished reporting and presentation materials.
The Role You'll Play
- Create detailed financials models and projections, including scenario analyses
- Assist DI in managing underwriting process, coordinating due diligence and facilitating preconstruction efforts
- Prepare internal investment briefs and presentations
- Manage market research efforts, providing thoughtful commentary/analysis
- Interface with debt and equity partners, providing information, updates and various other reporting, as needed
- Interact with in-house Operating and Construction Management teams and attend construction meetings to manage investment process and execution; monitor construction draws and change orders; review lease price and activity trends; adapt strategies to achieve project goals
- Monitor investment performance relative to market conditions and specific business plans; provide reforecasts and periodic pro forma commentary
- Prepare reports/analysis including property and portfolio results by maintaining various reporting and tracking tools
- Coordinate constantly with DI to manage daily and weekly work flow; delegates responsibility to IA's
- All other duties as assigned
Your Building Blocks of Success
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills with focus financial modeling and analysis
- Expert Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within a organizational structure and with an Executive level workforce
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates and management
- Ability to perform without immediate supervision
- Willingness to travel frequently and work long hours, especially when closing a transaction
- 4-year college degree in finance, real estate, business/economics or similar field; Master's degree preferred
- 3-5+ years' real estate investment or development experience required; Multifamily preferred
The Foundation of Cortland Partners
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for over 100,000 residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities in ten states and regional offices in Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, and Orlando. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland Partners is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email email@example.com or call 404.965.3988.
Cortland Partners is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland Partners participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of
all persons hired to work in the United States.
Apply on company website